5/27/10

Just... less talk, you know?

Speaking of video games, they share something with other creative works: The more you talk about them, the longer they they take to finish. And the worse they turn out when finally finished.

Which is why my enthusiasm for Superbrother's iPhone game, Sword & Sorcery EP, has dipped with every new PR update and BoingBoing post.


The thing is, I love the style, and I agree with almost everything in their Less Talk, More Rock manifesto. I'd really like to see an actual game that embodies their design ideas. Until they can deliver something that delivers, though, I'd really prefer that they turn down their hype machine. Their game is famous before it even exists. If it were a novel or an actual EP, that's often the kiss of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker