8/7/07

Look past the volleyball

Greetings from the land of super basic cable! Like the rest of you, I've been swept up in the late night M*A*S*H revival. Sometimes I even use the flash back button on my remote to watch two episodes at once, though that only works when two channels happen to be simultaneously showing episodes with the same cast. You just can't integrate M*A*S*H circa Frank Burns with M*A*S*H circa Charles Emerson Winchester. No sir.

But here's something that's been bothering me. I distinctly remember that, in my childhood, Hawkeye subscribed to girlie magazines prominently featuring nude beach volleyball. As near as I can tell, though, no records of those magazines exist in the syndicated version of the show. This leads me to doubt my memory, so here's a question for all of you. Did those magazines exist in the original run, or did my adolescent mind conjure them up? Also, for the historians and cultural critics among you, I'd appreciate some information about the cultural phenomenon of nude volleyball girlie magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker