2/2/08

Notes on the game

Am I the only person who's a little put off by the fact that The Disney Channel seems to be celebrating Super Bowl weekend by putting The Replacements in heavy rotation? Kids, if you're reading this, you should know that scabbing is WRONG.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the reason defenses have been able to take Randy Moss out of the game in the playoffs has as much to do with the weather as the scheme. The way I see it, the Patriots should be able to beat the double team by going over the top and letting Moss either run past the D or fight for a jump ball, but blizzard conditions effectively take away the downfield pass. Notably, it isn't expected to snow in Arizona tomorrow.

Lastly, I'm not quite sure how my Peyton Manning hatred cuts as a driver of rooting interest. Do I root for the Giants on the theory that a ring for Eli could send Peyton into a spiral of sibling rivalry inspired depression? Or, do I root against the Giants on the theory that any blot on a Manning's record is a blot on Peyton?

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker