7/23/07

John from Cincinnati thread (episode 7)

Just watched episode 7, and I still have no idea what's going on. Some folks seem to think that it's all very Catholic, which it might very well be, although I would be disappointed if it were that reductive.

As for the symbol that John keeps drawing, we finally saw it drawn in a medium (concrete), and now we know it looks like this:

I have no idea what's going on, and I'm hoping it's not entering Twin Peaks territory, but it just might be. Random thoughts:

John Monad is a piss-poor Christ, if that's what he's supposed to be. Although he did seem unhappy about hanging with dad, which I guess I might be if I were Christ.

I'm sick of this camera chick. Three episodes now she's been whacked out of her mind on whatever John did to her, and so basically right now she's a non-character... a non-character we have to watch when we could be watching something more interesting.

Post your thoughts, if any, in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker