7/20/07

When I saw colors, you saw pigs

Awhile ago I blogged about my iPod's disappointing quality as an audio source, even when using lossless compression. One of the things that perplexed me then was that I'd read an awful lot of praise for the quality of the Apple Lossless Codec in the audio press. Those folks are definitely more discerning than I am, so what gives?

I think the answer is that I've got a third generation iPod, and with the 4th generation Apple switched to a higher quality Digital Analog Converter. Is that right?

Relatedly, if I'm going to use the lossless codec on my iPod, I need more than the 20 gigs I've got now. So it looks like an upgrade is in the offing some time in the next year or so. Which brings me to this. Overkill?

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker