10/16/06

Plug

All of you who, like me, love baseball-reference.com, will also love Retrosheet.

How awesome is Retrosheet? Pretty awesome. It took me about two minutes to find the box score for the baseball game I went to on the night that my sister was in labor with my niece. I went with my friend Wade because, despite his claim to have been a lifelong baseball fan, my pops decided to stay home to wait for news. For the record, the Royals lost in fifteen. Mark Gubicza, who was normally a slick fielding pitcher (he always finished his delivery in perfect fielding position) had two errors, both while fielding bunts in the Orioles three run fifth inning.

Now here's a complaint. Game pages show the site's top level url, so a blogger like me can't link to the box score of a game that I want to write about. What's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker