8/22/06

Now I am a man

Because today I added my first listing to WikiIndex, a listing for the baseball wiki hosted by my heroes at baseball-reference.com.

Check it out: Bullpen Wiki

My only complaint about Bullpen Wiki is that they've made a deliberate decision to copy WikiPedia's pose of neutrality. The result is that you get things like this entry on closers, which is accurate, dry, moderately informative, and boring. Because the posting rules exclude advocacy the article can't address, at least not in any direct way, what seem to me to be interesting questions about the evaluation of closers relative to pitchers playing other roles. The best the article could do would be to address the controversy surrounding the evaluation of closers. We all know from the political realm, though, just how unhelpful that sort of journalism tends to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker