12/17/05

Untitled post #3

During my end of semester grading binge I kept finding myself frozen in fear, worried that an undergraduate essay would somehow slip from my hand, maneuver its way past my glasses, and inflict a paper cut on my eyeball. Irrational? Yes, but that's terror for you.

I mentioned this at a dinner party the other day and was shocked to discover that a song I've listened to hundreds of times is all about the eyeball slicing. It's true!
Got me a movie
I want you to know
Slicing up eyeballs
I want you to know
Girlie so groovy
I want you to know
Don't know about you
But I am un chien Andalusia.

As I'm sure everyone but me knows, those lyrics are from Debaser. Sometimes it pays to ignore the words.

While I'm on the subject, here's a quote from Luis Buñuel:
Salvador Dali seduced many ladies, particularly American ladies, but these seductions usually consisted of stripping them naked in his apartment, frying a couple of eggs, putting them on the woman's shoulders and, without a word, showing them the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker