7/28/08

Don't write angry

I make my share of typos, but also I don't say things like:
Why would you change a sentnece [sic] aso [sic!] that it meant something i [sic] didn't mean? I don't know, but you risk doing it every time you change something. And the way you avoid this kind of fuck up is by not changing a word of my copy without asking me, okay? it's [sic!] easy. Not. A. Word. Ever.

In a more flattering attempt to practice what he preaches, he writes
Can't you hear? Can't you hear that it is wrong? It's not fucking rocket science. It's fucking pre-GCSE scansion. I have written 350 restaurant reviews for The Times and i [sic] have never ended on an unstressed syllable. Fuck. fuck, fuck, fuck.

But seriously, by his own logic it should end with a fifth fuck.

via the Corner, but I can't find the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker