9/17/08

I want to say two words to you. Just two words. Paper shredding.


Down in Tulsa, my grandfather Gus pulled his family through the Great Depression managing a gas station. Uncle Bob sometimes mentions "the farm", but my father's memory doesn't go back that far. I've been wondering, what if the bottom drops out? What's a good job to have? I don't want to say the sky is falling, but basic institutions of the market are failing almost daily. The ground under the foundations looks sandy.

In related metabellman news, this blog is accepting applications for resident economist.

To return to our strengths, we're going to need a name for the next historical era. I suggest, "the contraction". Got something better?

Bonus Content: Humbly submitted to you as the official song of the contraction:

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker