9/30/08

Calling Tina Fey

SP: Oh, I think they’re just not used to someone coming in from the outside saying you know what? It’s time that normal Joe six-pack American is finally represented in the position of vice presidency, and I think that that’s kind of taken some people off guard, and they’re out of sorts, and they’re ticked off about it, but it’s motivation for John McCain and I to work that much harder to make sure that our ticket is victorious, and we put government back on the side of the people of Joe six-pack like me, and we start doing those things that are expected of our government, and we get rid of corruption, and we commit to the reform that is not only desired, but is deserved by Americans. |source|


...I posted this after the first answer. It keeps getting funnier, because you just can't read Palin on the page without hearing Tina Fey. Follow the link.

...and this just sort of pisses me off:

SP: Well, I have a degree in journalism also, so it surprises me that so much has changed since I received my education in journalistic ethics all those years ago. But I’m not going to pick a fight with those who buy ink by the barrelful. I’m going to take those shots and those pop quizzes and just say that’s okay, those are good testing grounds. And they can continue on in that mode. That’s good. That makes somebody work even harder. It makes somebody be even clearer and more articulate in their positions. So really I don’t fight it. I invite it.


First of all, we all know that Palin doesn't welcome or invite any kind of criticism, so that's a lie. But leave that aside. She's talking here about so called "gotcha!" questions. Ok, I'll bite. What's wrong with them? In the normal case, the problem is that the gotcha question distracts from investigation of real issues. (see Russert, Tim) But that doesn't mean that every question attempting to catch out a politician is unethical.

Just to take one example, I would have expected a former small town mayor and current governor to know about the Kelo decision. The fact that she doesn't know about Kelo makes me wonder how her years of executive experience could possibly count in her favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker